The ITW Military Products MagBoot is designed to provide enhanced grip and stability for most AR/M4 magazines. I tried it on GI and Magpul magazines and it fits great. It is designed to be sip resistant in tough environmental and gloved hand operations. It adds only 1.5 oz to the weight of the magazine.
I was very skeptical when I first saw it. Magazines are not hard to come by and wondered if this product is necessary. But after using it a few times, there were some pros.
1. It really grips well. Hard to drop it unintentionally
2. Less noisy when magazine is dropped
3. Protects magazine from damages. This worked very well with airsoft GBB magazines which are more expensive than the real magazines.
However, there are cons, too
1. Price $8 is a bit high relative to price of a AR magazine
2. Some magazine pouches cannot fit them. I had difficulty putting them in some of my magazine pouches.
MagBoot comes in Tan, Coyote Brown, Flat Dark Earth (FDE) and Foliage Green, offering IR compliance to provide better signature management and match multiple camo patterns.